Sunday, July 15, 2007

Anne, continued



So, Luke and I finished listening to Anne of Avonlea the other day and now, we've started listening to Anne of the Island. Anne has just left for college, Diana has gotten engaged to Fred and well, poor Gilbert. Anne is not even close to admitting that she might return Gilbert's affections. Gilbert will have to wait and so will I.

I'm so enjoying re-visiting these wonderful books. Anne just makes me so happy. I can only hope to have half the outlook on life that Anne has.

So far, Luke wants to keep listening, but I've already warned him that this book will be about Anne's college adventures and there will be much less of Davy. He's one of the twins Marilla adopted in Anne of Avonlea.

I'm hoping to acquire some of L. M. Montgomery's published journals so that I can get an insight into her life as well....Off on another rabbit trail!



1 comment:

My name is Dianna said...

have you ever enjoyed the "Road to Avonlea" about Sarah Stanley? It is TV series that was played in the late 80's- early 90's on the Disney Channel....
It takes place on Prince Edward Island as well and alot of the characters are easily recognized from the Anne series with Megan Follows. You can find the series at www.half.com, I think that there are 7 seasons! Your boys may enjoy them, too. It is where Elijah Wood got his start...
love your blog!