Monday, October 29, 2007

Picture Book Art





Here's what Luke and I did during our daily art time today. We recently read The Lighthouse Cat by Sue Stainton. I read this book to Luke when he was a little younger. So, when I saw this book displayed at the library recently, I knew I had to check it out again. This book has gorgeous illustrations. So, Luke and I decided to draw lighthouses from this book. I've recently discovered the pleasure of trying to recreate an illustration from a picture book from Sweetness and Light. I'm finding more and more uses for picture books in our daily learning! I just wanted to share our lighthouse drawings. Luke gets pretty excited when I post his work to my blog.


2 comments:

Sweetness and Light said...

Oh they are beautiful!! Wonderful art, and we haven't read this one yet, checking the library!! I love it, thanks for sharing and linking me again :)

Anonymous said...

I agree - what beautiful pictures.