Monday, January 7, 2008

Two more for the nightstand




Right now, I feel like I'm buried under clutter. I'm kicking off the new year with no mercy. We're cleaning up around here and yet, I couldn't resist two more books for the nightstand. Yes, I picked up two books at Costco last Friday. It's generally known that I have to go to the book aisle first before I get the things on my list. Anyway, I picked up In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan. Now, I read a lot about food and I know there will probably not be a lot of new information for me, but I couldn't resist since I really liked The Omnivore's Dilemma also by Michael Pollan. I also picked up a novel that I read about in the Chinaberry catalog. I don't read as much fiction as I used to, but I was attracted to the balls of yarn on the cover of The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs. The yarn is beautiful and well, hopefully, the story will be good too. I don't usually run out and read any of the books offered for adults in the Chinaberry catalog, but I do enjoy reading about the books they review. I'm not sure I would have taken a chance on this book if I hadn't found it at Costco. I'm sure there will be leniency for clutter on my nightstand.

1 comment:

Sweetness and Light said...

Ooh those both look good Carmie, adding them to my goodreads for future reading!! Thanks and happy de-cluttering, we did that over the break and it felt great to donate 7 bags to St. Vincents :)