Friday, March 14, 2008

Journey to the end of Winter









I can't believe it's been two weeks since I've posted anything. I've been thinking about it of course, but I just haven't found the time to sit down and post anything. Well, I probably could have found some time if Paul and I hadn't been catching up on Lost. We've only a couple more episodes to go and we'll be caught up and well that mysterious island is starting to make me crazy! Who are the Oceanic 6?

Anyway, it's been a tough Lent and it has felt longer than past Lents. You know that one book that I was going to read during Lent? I was trying so hard to simplify my Lenten journey, but I didn't even get to it. It's been on my nightstand and I only flipped through it a couple of times. The good thing is I don't feel guilty about it. Normally, I would berate myself for failing miserably during Lent, but I don't feel that way this year and that makes me happy. I'm growing! I don't have to do it all or even read the one book. We've been cooped up a lot this Winter, but the weather is slowly getting warmer, but I know not to get too excited yet. There is definitely more snow in our future, but still, it's lighter longer now and Easter is almost here!

Here's some pictures of the highlights from this winter. There's Sammy and Ella all snuggled up on the couch. I'm sure it was a pretty cold day. Aren't they so cute? Then there's the pictures of the boys in the kitchen. Sammy has asked me almost everyday if he can help cook. He says, "Mama, me cook egg." Hence, Sammy wearing the puppy chef's hat! Then there's the pics from that super warm day right before the big snow storm. Paul and Luke decided to fill the bird feeders because soon the birds will be back. Luke identified a chickadee in one of our bird feeders. After that extraordinarily warm day came the snow and here's the picture from my bedroom window.

Tonight we're going to Stations of the Cross and I'm looking forward to some time focusing on the Cross and ironically that will bring me joy.

No comments: