Sunday, June 14, 2009

Do you know what I realized?

That I graduated from high school 19 years ago today...

It's weird that it popped into my head today, but it doesn't seem that long ago. Do you know how people would often remark that your high school years would be the best years of your life? I really enjoyed high school, but deep down, I feared it might be true. It made me unhappy to hear this deeply sad sentiment. I'm so glad to say how untrue it is! I guess, I hope it's untrue for everyone. My life becomes more rich and more interesting with each passing year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember feeling the same way in high school. What a sad statement if true. Sort of like brides who want to make their wedding day they happiest day of their lives.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!!! what a set of memories! thanks carm! krissy

MilitantMom said...

Oh my goodness...I graduated from high school 28 years ago, but it seems like only yesterday. Time flies when you're having fun! (And I agree with you about the sadness of thinking your high school days are the best...how untrue!)