Monday, July 26, 2010

Scenes from July

I've been meaning to upload a couple of pics from the recent
Rocky Mountain Catholic Home Educators
Conference July 9-10, but I know that I've been
neglecting my blog this summer.  I finally got to meet
the super sweet Meredith Henning of Sweetness and Light.  We've been blog buddies for a few years now and
now we are IRL friends!  I also got to meet the very talented
and quite funny Danielle Bean of Faith & Family as well.
Wow, I sure look super pregnant, don't I?
I can't seem to get my blog to work the way I want to today.  So, I'll just write everything here instead of putting a caption for each photo.  I like that second photo of me and Meredith because you can't tell that I'm pregnant!

Okay, it was truly difficult trying to pose two toddlers wearing their Haltermelons!  This was the best that I could do.
I made a Haltermelon for Evelyn's 2nd birthday and of course, I thought it would be fun to get both Little E and Little T together in their matching knits!  Anyway, it's clear that Evelyn loves her wearing her Haltermelon in that second pic!

The next few pics are from our day on Evergreen Lake.  We took the kids out on the peddle boats and walked around the Lake.  I think little T really enjoyed being out on the water.  She looks like she's ready for a snooze. 

Yesterday, Paul and Luke were outside sanding down a small rocking chair.  This chair belonged to both me and my siste when we were little girls and we've been meaning for years to sand down the two coats of paint and repaint it.  I thought this would be a good summer project for Luke and Paul.  I remember this bright yellow chair from my childhood.  My sister Kat admitted to painting it gray at some point.  So, there are two coats of paint to remove.  That yellow paint is pretty stubborn, but they'll get it!  Little T sat in the Radio Flyer while the boys worked on her chair.  Yes, she's a princess!

Of course, what post would be complete without a little knitting?  I finished this pair of socks using merino sport from Sunshine Yarns in the colorway Victoria this month.  I had finished knitting the first sock several months ago, but I  got a case of Second Sock Syndrome and neglected  it while I knit Haltermelons.  At the Rocky Mountain Catholic Home Educators Conference this month, I started knitting the second sock during many of the talks.  I find that I listen so much better when I keep my hands busy!!  I've now started another pair of socks (that's the pic using the blue self-striping yarn) using the Sock Recipe found in Knitting Rules by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.  This is the first time I've actually used sock yarn to knit socks.  I'm using 2.5 mm needles and so far, I think that I enjoy knitting socks with sport weight yarn more.  This new pair seems awfully thin and flimsy, but I suppose I'm not used to working with sock yarn yet.  I'm really enjoying the blues in Berroco Sox.  I think it's good to have a pair of socks on the needles at all times. 

I've really neglected my little corner of cyberspace this Summer, but I think it's been good to disconnect a little.  I haven't been in the blogging mood of late, but I think I really wanted to soak in my summer and enjoy it all.  Next up??
The Zucchini adventure!  I hope you're all making wonderful Summer memories!

1 comment:

Sweetness and Light said...

Hard to believe it's almost been a month since then, sheesh!! Hope August is going great :)