Monday, March 21, 2011

Paying attention to the small things




More blessings!
11. My new Keurig. I have never had a coffee maker. I don't drink coffee regularly as I see it as more of a treat.  I'm not really sure the Keurig qualifies as a real coffee maker, but I can easily and lazily have coffee more now.  Is that a good thing?  I don't know.

12. My sister who brings me awesome gluten-free goodies including Orange Chocolate chip scones made with almond flour

13. Liam's eyelashes- When I was nursing him the other day, I discovered he had these beautiful little ginger colored eyelashes

14. the excitement of a new knitting challenge

15. The Super Moon!

16.  The other day Paul brought me a strawberry milkshake made with fresh strawberries.  Unfortunately, it spilled all over his pants before he could give it to me, but it's those little gifts that mean the most.  He was pretty bummed, but it was truly the thought that counts and seriously, I didn't need all that sugar anyway!

17. On St. Patrick's Day, Paul and I went out for a mini-date. We put the twins to bed and my mom came over to watch the other three while we went and had dinner less than ten minutes from home.  I enjoyed some Bailey's and milk to celebrate that tiny bit o' Irish in my blood! Even an hour and a half to ourselves is a small treat.

18. A hardbound copy of Ballet Shoes for Little T's library- I was completely enchanted by The Shoes books when I was around twelve or so.  I love collecting special books for each of my children. It's a particular joy of mine to pass on some of my favorite childhood books to them. It's like giving them a piece of myself, something tangible to remind them of their childhood.

19.  Okay, another gluten-free goodie- Banana bread made with Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix. Honestly, I didn't have high hopes, but it turned out moist and delicious!

20. the quiet at the end of the day although right now, I hear the whipping wind swirling through the evergreens and aspens. Time for bed! Good night.

No comments: