Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Birthday Boy

Sammy is 6!!!!
Don't ask why Obi-Wan Kenobi is battling a dinosaur. This is how he wanted his cake to look. Sammy helped to bake his birthday bundt today.

Sam has really grown up over the last year.  He looks like such a big boy.  It looks like he's lost the last bit of baby-ness.  It's official.  He's now a big boy.


Here's Sammy with a big boy book for read aloud time.  We're moving beyond some of our picture books now, but I hope you won't completely grow out of them. 

My dear sweet little boy, I beg you not to get any bigger.  I love your deep golden-brown eyes and your big smile and you in your little red cap.  I wish I could hold onto these days forever, but I know I can't. So, I'll try to remember you like this always. Happy 6th birthday, sweet boy!

1 comment:

Sweetness and Light said...

Cutie!! I'd forgotten that SP and Sammy have almost the same bday! Six is so fun :) Happy bday to him!