Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Last day of kindergarten

Today was the last day of kindergarten for my Sam.  I walked him to the bus stop this morning. I wanted to be the one to take him on this final day of kindergarten.  This is the first time I've walked him to the bus stop since the first day of school last August.  I was enormously pregnant when he started kindergarten and even the short walk (uphill!) to the bus stop was too much.  Luke was in charge of taking Sammy on Tuesdays and Thursdays and every other Friday. Today, it was a little bittersweet.  I was excited for Summer vacation to begin, but it's just too much for me that he's getting so big.   He's ready for first grade.  When it was just me and Luke, I didn't feel that his first five years went nearly as quickly as Sam's first five years.  Why is that?? 

  
I thought I posted this last year, but I can't find it. This is Sammy's first day of school last August.  We are all waiting for the bus with him. He hasn't changed that much, right?
Sammy and Mrs. Beckfield
Mrs. Beckfield was a lovely teacher for Sam. She's always so kind and encouraging and put me at ease.
We will miss her for sure.  She made me feel confident that Sam was in good hands for part time kindergarten.

Although not in the same class this year, they will always be great friends. How
can they not be? Their moms are best friends and they live next door to each
other!
I took a picture of E and Sammy last year on the last day of
pre-school last Spring and Sam was wearing the same shirt! He hasn't grown that much.
He's still my baby!


















E, Sammy and Aubrey at the Kindies picnic!




No comments: