Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer!

Here's where we were last week! It may have been ambtitious for us to go camping with 8 month old twins, but I do love camping! Tessie climbed all over the air mattresses in the tent and refused to sleep and well, the twins weren't much better, but Luke and Sam both earned Junior Ranger badges. I managed to knit these hats for the boys on the long drive and around the camp fire.
So, I couldn't really get a good picture of the boys modeling their new hats, but this photo does make me chuckle. A knitter needs some mindless knitting for camping and this hat fits the bill. When it starts to get dark outside while enjoying the warmth of a camp fire, a project that I don't need to think about is perfect. I used this fun yarn. It's hard to find self-striping yarn that isn't sock weight and Adriafil Knit Col is a DK weight

Anyway, we're relaxing into Summer and all the joy the season brings. Although I have a list of things I'd like to do and a huge list of things I need to do, I'm trying to live a more deliberate life. I'm slowing down and focusing on the smaller joys. My list will follow later today!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Love the picture! :)

Sounds like a nice camping get-away. We've never been to that park yet. It's on the list, though.

I've added the hat to my ravelry queue. Thanks for the link to the pattern and yarn. It's beautiful.