Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Yarn Along- Knitting in the car

We returned late last Sunday night from an epic driving vacation. We drove to California and spent hours and hours in the car. I know it was ambitious with our minivan filled to capacity and knowing the older three kids didn't have much room in the back row of our Sienna. However, I still looked forward to the time to knit in the car. I eagerly packed several projects' worth of yarn in my knitting bag. On that first incredibly long day in the car, we arrived in Vegas around 10 at night after spending something like twelve hours driving  and I did spend a good chunk of that day knitting. I manged to knit the body of a sweater for Liam, but I didn't feel like digging out the DPNs to work on the sleeves so I started another Eyelet Brim Cotton hat and despite all that time in the car, it's the only project I finished. Here's Tess at the Tamarisk restaurant in Green River, Utah. Of course, she's very serious about those sugar packets! Anyway, this is an easy hat, but picking up the stitches for the brim is tedious. As for reading, I didn't have much time last week. Mostly, I'd sneak in a few pages of Generation Me when I was nursing at night. It's an interesting read.  I'll be reviewing it on Goodreads soon.

Don't forget to head on over to Ginny's for more yarn tales!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the hat!!

no spring chicken said...

The hat is fabulous!! And how fun that she seems to enjoy wearing it. :)

Blessings, Debbie