Sunday, February 16, 2014

Twitterature-February 2014 edition




So, yeah, I didn't get to my Friday morning book post. I blame the Olympics. I've been staying up way too late speed watching the Sochi Games. I watch a little of everything, but I watch all figure skating. Last night, it was nearly midnight when I finally went to bed after watching the Men's Long program final. I couldn't just fall asleep right away and despite the hour, I read for another half hour.

So, in lieu of my Friday Morning Book post, I'm linking up with Modern Mrs Darcy today and I'll talk about what I've been reading in a Twitter-like style.


Unveiling Grace is Lynn K Wilder's memoir of what happens when she discovers that the Jesus of the Mormon world is quite different than the Biblical Jesus.

Red Ruby Heart in a Cold Blue Sea is the atmospheric coming-of-age novels of life in Maine. I'm not too far in this novel just yet, but I'm so excited about novels that have a clear sense of place.

The Goldfinch is queued up on my Kindle. Can I read it in time for my March 7 book club??


Pride and Prejudice- I'm always reading this one to my twins and my five year old daughter. My twin boys can recite this one by heart. They can name all of Lizzie's sisters. They know who Mr. Bingley is. They know who Mr Darcy is. They can tell you about Longbourn, Netherfield, and Pemberley. This is my favorite board book ever! I am going to have to buy another copy since mine is getting ragged. It's amazing how the entire story of Pride and Prejudice can be distilled into a delightful counting book for the pre-school set.





Ken Libbrecht's Field Guide to Snowflakes: If you have a passing interest in the science of snowflakes, this is a wonderful small guide to understanding how snowflakes form. The photography is amazing.


What have you been reading lately?

2 comments:

Becca said...

Unveiling Grace sounds interesting! Thanks for linking up!

Melanie Bettinelli said...

Oh I'm going to have to check out the snowflakes book. We just finished Snowflake Bentley.