Saturday, March 3, 2007

I was about to shut down the computer, but...

Besides everything else, I mainly wanted to use this blog to chronicle our adventures in home-learning. It's so exciting to be learning side-by-side with my kids and I cherish the opportunity to see my son all day. I can't imagine what it would be like for him to be gone all day at school. I mean, I'm sure I would adjust just like most mothers, but I see it as true blessing to be around all day. I've homeschooled my older son from the beginning and it keeps getting more exciting.
For instance, a few days ago, son #1 decided he wanted to write a book and you know what? He's writing it. After several pages, he said that he felt "caught". I didn't know what that meant, but I figured out that he had "writer's block". How many seven year olds get writer's block? I had to chuckle.

The snow is beginning to melt at the Cozy Conifer Cabin and we look forward to all kinds of adventures in our back yard. We can finally fill the bird feeders and hopefully Rocky the Raccoon will stop eating the birdseed long enough for us to attract some birds. Life is full of possibility and I'll share it with you.

No comments: