Thursday, March 8, 2007

Night time prayer and Narnia

Yesterday I bought Luke his first children's prayer book. I thought it would be nice for him to have his own book to take to church. Do you know what is so heartwarming? I could hear him saying his prayers after I tucked him in bed.

Luke and I are listening to The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall on unabridged CD. This gives me a break from reading aloud and we can listen together. I usually read to him at night before bed. We also listened to Focus on the Family Radio Theatre's A Horse and His Boy. It was wonderful. It was like listening to a movie! Although I've read all the Chronicles of Narnia to Luke, I think this type of audio drama makes it come alive more for him. He might have been a little too young (age 6) when I read the Chronicles of Narnia. So, I'm going to check out more radio theatre for him.

My sweet little Sammy has recently learned to say "cookie". However, whenever he says "cookie" it sounds more like "cooggee". It's cookie with a "g" sound. It'll be sad when he starts saying it the right way. When Luke was a lot younger, he would say "hopter-topter" because he couldn't say "helicopter". I just wish I could hold onto their childhoods a lot longer, but I have to just enjoy each day and try to remember all the cuteness.

On another note, the snow is melting and I'm not sure I've ever been this excited about Spring coming. It feels like it's always winter, but never Christmas, but the spell is breaking!

No comments: