Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Winding down

This morning I woke up to snow. Yes, it is May 30th! However, after a small accumulation of about one inch, the storm moved on and now it is sunny and the snow is melting quickly. This is good news because Luke and I have planted a variety of sunflowers, Alaska shasta daisies, marigolds and pumpkins. We still have some purple dragon carrots and columbines we want to plant sometime this week.

Tomorrow is our official last day of school and we are ready to move into a more relaxed mode. Tomorrow, we plan to go to the Denver Botanic Gardens to enjoy the beauty of God's creation.

We've had some adventures lately, but I haven't downloaded the pictures yet. Look for pictures from both The Cheyenne Moutain Zoo and the Littleton Historical Museum soon.

For now, it's time to clear off Luke's desk and put away all the books. He's listening to The Hobbit on CD right now and he hopes to finish it up by the end of the week. I like tying up all the loose ends and I'm definitely looking forward to clearing away all the school stuff for the summer. It's time to slow down and savor the joys of summer. I have a real love of summer here in Colorado. I think I have mentioned that I used to take Summer for granted when I lived in California. The weather was always beautiful there, but especially after this past winter here, I've been looking forward to Spring and Summer more than I ever have. I realy enjoyed California winters where it rained, but did not snow. At this moment, I'm a little less enchanted with snow. It's time for summer storms and sunny days! Anyway, I've gotten a little off-track here. For now, it is time to clear away the school books and get organized. Now, learning never ends and we do have some plans for this summer which includes a lot of bird-watching, nature study and of course lots of trips to the library!!

Have a blessed day!



No comments: