Monday, August 20, 2007

Jane Austen overload






Okay, I've been reading some light and fluffy stuff over the summer. I just finished reading Me and Mr. Darcy about a young woman who just wants to find a decent man like, well, Mr. Darcy and then finds herself in a modern day Pride and Prejudice except that it takes her a while to catch on. I also read Jane Austen's Guide to Dating not because I need advice, but because it was referenced in another book I was reading earlier this summer. I just received Austenland as a birthday gift and I checked out Jane Austen in Scarsdale on the recommendation of my friend Jennifer. I've also managed to watch Persuasion, Pride & Prejudice (with Colin Firth) and Pride & Prejudice (with Keira Knightley) in the past few weeks and this from the girl who most of the time doesn't have the attention span for movies. Well, obviously, there are exceptions! But seriously, it's time for a little less Jane Austen and time for more planning for Luke's third grade year. More to come on that. There's still a little summer left!


No comments: