Monday, August 20, 2007

Now for a perfectly enchanting movie





After a long wait, I finally broke down and bought a copy of Miss Potter featuring Renee Zelweger and Ewan MacGregor. I had hoped that Paul would have been able to borrow a copy of the movie from the library, but it was just taking way too long. Apparently everybody read this post by Elizabeth Foss. When it comes to movies, usually I am extremely patient. I just don't have the zeal for film that I once did and more often than not, movies disappoint. Anyway, I loved this movie! I really didn't want it to end because I knew that it would be a long time before I felt this way about a film again. Even Luke liked it and suddenly he wanted to draw cute little animals too! As I watched, I remembered my mother buying me one little Beatrix Potter book. It was so cute and little. More than anything, I remember just how petite and lovely the book was. I fell completely in love with the Lake District in England and despite some true sadness in the film, I found it both uplifting and inspiring. Of course I had to run out and get a biography of Beatrix Potter right away! And seriously, who doesn't enjoy saying "Hunca-Munca"? I highly recommend the whimsical Miss Potter.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, do you want to join us in some Beatrix Potter studies?