Monday, September 17, 2007

Enchantment





I've started to check out a lot of picture books from the library for Sammy. It has been so nice to get picture books again. Since Luke has gotten to be such a big boy, he has checked out more chapter books and way fewer picture books. I love picture books and I'm constantly delighted with the artwork and stories myself. There was a time when Luke would just keep handing me books to put in our bookbag while we were at the library. I would have to stop him when I hit 30 or so. Well, I especially love picture books that highlight nature or the changing of the seasons. I have been hugely influenced by this catalog over the years. Recently, I've read Tasha Tudor's Pumpkin Moonshine and Around the Year. In Pumpkin Moonshine, I had Sammy point to the pumpkin on each page. We just got A Time to Keep: The Tasha Tudor Book of Holidays . This book is just enchanting. The art work is beautiful and lovely. It inspires you. After reading this to Sammy, Paul suggested that we own this book. Now, let me tell you that my husband rarely tells me that we need more books, but I'm happy to oblige. After reading this book, I wanted to make my own candles and sing around the Christmas tree and make bundles of handmade Valentines. I think we're going to read this again as a family read aloud. I don't think you can get too old for this book or for the art of Tasha Tudor. Just like my recent fascination with Beatrix Potter I think there's a Tasha Tudor rabbit trail in our future!

1 comment:

Sweetness and Light said...

We LOVE Time to Keep and ARound the Year, well ANY Tasha Tudor for that matter, they're all so good!! Have fun reading! I love your autumn leaves, they're so pretty!