Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The first day of school

Okay, so today was the first day of third grade for Luke. I like to begin school after Labor day. I always started school in September and I can't bring myself to start any sooner.

Well, I've spent a lot of time planning and thinking about what I wanted to accomplish this year and today we got off to a bumpy start. I really need to find my rhythm and I guess I can't expect it all to fall into place on the first day. As Sammy gets bigger, he becomes a bigger distraction for Luke. I really need to incorporate some learning activities for Sam as well.

Tomorrow, my little Luke will be eight years old. I can't hold back the years and I know every day my time with him grows shorter and shorter. Sometimes, I just look at him and try to capture the moment and hold onto it forever, but inevitably it fades.

Of course, tomorrow is a holiday from school since it's Luke's birthday. We'll start the day with cupcakes. Yes, I let Luke eat a cupcake for breakfast on his birthday. It's a fun little tradition. Then, we will head down the mountain to go to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. Currently, they have the special exhibit on the Titanic. There are many artifacts from the ship to be seen. Paul is going to take a half day off and join us at the museum. I'm looking forward to it.



No comments: