Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook


I've seen this at many of my favorite blogs and I've wanted to do one for a while. So, I'll try it today:

Outside My Window ...tall beautiful evergreen trees and an overcast sky, but that's okay. I love the rain.

I am thinking ... that I'm glad that there is some leftover French toast so that I don't have to make much else for breakfast. Maybe I'll make banana smoothies.


I am thankful for...the rain. I've planted some pumpkins, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, a strawberry plant and they need the moisture.


From the kitchen...nothing yet although now I'm really starting to crave that banana smoothie!


I am wearing...plaid flannel comfy pants and an old long-sleeved t-shirt (my PJs).


I am creating...a baby.


I am going...to the doctor a little later and then I'm taking the boys to the park despite the light drizzle.


I am reading...All New Square Foot Gardening, A Nation of Wimps, The Busy Person's Guide to Preserving Food (I want to make jam this year) and Grow Your Own Pizza.


I am hoping...to feel better soon. I'm so tired right now. I'm all consumed with the constant thoughts of my next nap.


I am hearing...Luke. He's upstairs getting dressed and listening to a book on CD.


Around the house...I see a slightly neglected home. Like I said, I hope I feel better really soon so I can get back to my routines around my poor house.


A few plans for the rest of the week...Luke and I are going to plant the sunflower seeds and the carrot seeds that we've bought recently. I'm going to check my little strawberry plants everyday. I'm protecting my two little strawberries and I'm desperately hoping that the critters will stay away. (We get a lot of foxes, squirrels and sometimes deer in our yard.)


No comments: