Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Jam Plan


I've wanted to make jam for years, but I just haven't done it yet. Every time I go to a farmer's market, I scope out the booth with the homemade jams an jellies. I love the cute little jars and I'm sure half the allure of homemade jam is the jar. Last Fall, when we attended the Fall Festival at the Littleton Historical Museum, they were selling homemade jams. I couldn't help myself. I bought a jar of their grape jelly, apple butter, peach butter and peach jelly. They had made them at the museum and some were made using 1890's techniques. Recently, I bought strawberry plants for my container garden on my deck, but I know that I won't get enough strawberries for jam this year. So, I will just have to purchase them. Last night, I went to the grocery store and bought twelve small Ball jars for the jam. So, I'm well on my way. I saw this over at Elizabeth's and I got even more motivated. Aren't those jars so cute??? Last weekend, I went a little overboard and bought strawberries, blueberries and cherries. We've been eating berries non-stop especially Sammy. It's finally feeling like Spring here. More to come on the Jam Plan...

No comments: