Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Erin Go Bragh



Happy St. Patrick's Day!
I borrowed this image from here. Go read about the remarkable life of St. Patrick. We don't have a lot planned for today except to make chocolate cupcakes with green frosting and to read from the many Irish-themed picture books tonight.
Here's a prayer attributed to St. Patrick that I found in A Child's Book of Celtic Prayers.

God of All
Our God is the God of all,
The God of heaven and earth,
Of the sea and of the rivers;
The God of the sun and of the moon
And of all the stars;
The God of the lofty mountains
And of the lowly valleys.
He has his dwelling around heaven and earth,
And sea, and all that in them is.
Here's a small section of the Breastplate of St. Patrick: Luke and I pray this prayer together every evening. We want Christ's presence with us everywhere we go...

Christ be with me
Christ within me
Christ before me
Christ behind me
Christ be on my right
Christ be on my left
Christ where I lie and Christ where I sit
Christ where I arise
Christ beneath me
Christ above me
Christ in the hearts of all who love me
Christ in quiet
Christ in danger
Christ in the mouth of friend and stranger

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: