Thursday, March 26, 2009

Small Successes # 2

1. I declared a snow day today. We've had a very mild Winter and today we got one of those typical Spring blizzards giving us about a foot of much needed snow with more to come. Anyway, I sat down and read picture books to the boys and then we drew. Luke has wanted more drawing time with me and today, I decided to drop everything and draw. We read The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes, The Dancing Deer and the Foolish Hunter and Easter Parade by Irving Berlin. I drew Cottontail from The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes while Luke drew another picture from the book.

2. I baked two batches of cream scones. Every now and then, I like to bake scones and have tea. A snow day seemed a perfect day for scones and tea!

3. I finished loom-knitting a hat to donate to Newborns in Need.

4. The kitchen is clean after all the scone making!

Share your successes here.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Carmen. You rock!