Thursday, April 2, 2009

Small Successes #3

1.
I think I got the hang of the double crochet. I saw this fun little blanket on the Lion Brand website that I wanted to make for Tess. I taught myself how to knit and I figured that I could teach myself to crochet with some help. I found it very difficult and frustrating at first, but I persevered and I'm 15 rows in on a 60 row blanket and although my blanket doesn't seem to quite have the chevron pattern of the picture, mine has definite curving waves. I even learned how to alternate colors. It's not going to be anywhere near perfect and I'm okay with that.

2.
I had more brown bananas and decided to whip up another loaf of banana bread which makes the boys happy.

3.
In the last two weeks, I've pieced two quilt toppers. I intend to add a couple of borders to one of them, but for now they are done until I make time for the next phase of the quilting process of layering the batting and backing.

Most of the time, I feel like I'm working all day seeing little progress, but when I start to write it down, I realize that I'm more productive than I realize. Share your small successes at Faith and Family Live!

1 comment:

ViolinMama said...

What great crafting ideas! I'm sure they will be lovely. And YUM on the banana bread!! Thanks for sharing!!!!