Thursday, June 4, 2009

The 4x10 Reading Challenge Update #5

I finished 4 more books on my list, but gosh I didn't realize how much I still have on my list! I'm just trying to see where I'm at and it's easier when I see it all typed out. I realize I seem to be getting nowhere because I keep adding books to the To Be Read pile.


I've read, Real Food for Mother and Baby: The Fertility Diet, Eating for Two, and Baby's First Foods by Nina Planck , Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George, Christian Unschooling by Teri J. Brown and Elissa M. Wahl and The Mirror Effect: How Celebrity Narcissism is Seducing America by Drew Pinsky and S. Mark Young.

Let's see what's Left: (A Lot!)

1. A Day on Skates - Hilda von Stockum

2. Princess Academy (in progress...still reading to Luke)

3. City of Ember - Jeanne DuPrau

4. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society-Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

5. A Woman's Place- Lynn Austin

6. The Bird in the Tree- Elizabeth Goudge (in progress)

7. Northanger Abbey-Jane Austen

8. The Lord of the Rings- JRR Tolkien

9. Les Miserables - Victor Hugo (in progress)

10. A Reader's Delight- Noel Perrin (essays on adult fiction)

11. The Creative Family: How to Encourage Imagination and Nurture Family Connections- Amanda Blake Soule

12. The Surprising Power of Family Meals- Miriam Weinstein
13.
Hungry Monkey: A Food-Loving Father's Quest to Raise an Adventurous Eater - Matthew Amster-Burton

14.. Instead of Education: Ways to Help People Do Things Better- John Holt

15. Laying Down the Rails

16. The Politically Incorrect Guide to English and American Literature- Elizabeth Kantor

17. A Walk with Jane Austen- Lori Smith.

18. Jack's Life: The Life Story of C. S. Lewis- Douglas Gresham (in progress)

19. Beatrix Potter: A Life in Nature- Linda Lear

20. Three Cups of Tea- Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin

21. What's So Great About Christianity- Dinesh D'Souza

22. It's So You! Fitting Fashion to Your Life- Mary Sheehan Warren (in progress)

23. Misplacing God: And Finding Him Again- Joanne Heim (in Progress) -need to review for Joanne

24. Grace Cafe: Serving Up Recipes for Faithful Mothering- Donna Marie Cooper O'Boyle

25. Longitude: The True Story of a Lone Genius Who Solved the Greatest Scientific Problem of His Time- Dava Sobel

26. The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady- Edith Holden

27. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life- Barbara Kingsolver (in progress)

28. The Last Child in the Woods - Richard Louv

I realize that I keep reading things that aren't on my list and I changed some of my list...again. I decided to read Les Miserables instead of The Count of Monte Cristo for this book challenge. I'll try not to change it anymore!

No comments: