Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Daybook-Birthday Edition


Outside My Window -a sunny day. It's not too hot and there are some clouds, but I don't think it will rain today. I must remember to remind the boys to water the garden. Although we've had a lot of rain this summer, it's beginning to taper off now.


I am listening to- quiet. I nursed Tessie to sleep. Luke is upstairs eating his lunch while listening to a book and Sammy is sitting at the kitchen table eating lunch. He's seems to be talking to himself.

From the learning room-not much. I'm rather behind with my plans for the quickly approaching new school year.


I am thankful for- another year of life. Today, I am 37! How did that happen? Seriously, how did that happen???


From the kitchen- I am not cooking today!!! I made the normal lunches for the kids. I did not even make breakfast for the kids I am ashamed to admit. Instead, I loaded up the kiddos and drove to Starbucks for muffins. They were out of muffins and I bought brownies instead. I know, I'm horrible.

I am wearing- jeans, flip-flops, sky blue tank-top with a light green button-down shirt.


Holiness in the everyday- trying to pray without ceasing.


I am creating- a room for Tess. Paul painted her room a glorious pale blue with a hint of lavender. I'm thinking of sewing a twin-size quilt for the extra bed in her room (like I need another quilt project). Her room has been motley storage until now. I can't wait to put it all back together. I have two prints by two American impressionists, Frank Benson and Edmund Tarbell to hang in her room. I've been waiting to hang these prints for over three years! I'll add images of the prints to this post.


I am reading - too much! I'm determined to go back to reading just one book at a time (although I just downloaded five books to my new MP3 player). I am about to start reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I've moved it to the top of the stack on my nightstand.
One of my favorite things- Sunflowers! Paul just brought me a bunch of sunflowers for my birthday.

Plans for the rest of the week- finish knitting this hat. I only have a few rows to go and I'm just about to begin the decrease rows. I also need to put the house back in the order after the painting adventure.





2 comments:

Mary G said...

Happy, happy birthday! And believe me, you're 11 years younger ... that is young!

Prayers and hugs for a great new year of homeschooling and enjoy your day!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Carmie!!