Monday, November 9, 2009

He still holds my hand

Recently, I realized that I didn't have to lean over anymore to hold my older son's hand. He's grown so much over the last year and I've known for a while that he won't hold my hand forever. In fact, I know those days are numbered, but I'm joyful every time he grabs my hand and we walk hand-in-hand. Every time he does, I try to cherish it because I know it might be the last time that he does. I try not to act like it might be the last time, but inside, I know it's coming and it breaks my heart just a little bit. I don't know of many 10 year-olds who still want to hold hands with mommy and daddy. I hope he doesn't think he's too old any time soon.

2 comments:

Therese said...

oh I was thinking this the other day when my 9 year old grabbed my hand. It is a moment to cherish and remember.

Paul said...

Our little boy is growing up so quickly and I cherish everytime he is willing to hold my hand. I'm am going to miss it when he stops.