Tuesday, December 29, 2009

More Christmas

Another Post today? Check me out! I guess I have a little more time to blog since my hubby's home this week and he's really lightening my load so I can enjoy our Christmas week.

So, in today's earlier post I mentioned that we were going to take the kids to see the Jim Carrey A Christmas Carol. Well, we did, but I didn't get to see the whole movie. Most people would think I'm crazy to take a one-year old to a movie and they would be right. We usually sit in the farthest row back and I snuggle and nurse the baby and no one knows there's a baby in the theater. Well, I learned today that Tessie is too old to take to the movies anymore. So, what I saw of A Christmas Carol looked really good, but a little intense for the smaller crowd. I mean, Marley's ghost scared even me. Anyway, I removed myself and Tess from the movie. I got a refund for my ticket and I drove over to Borders to wait for Paul and the boys. I was okay with the change of plans. I picked up another discounted Christmas picture book that I didn't find at Barnes & Noble. I bought O. Henry's The Gift of the Magi which has lovely illustrations, atmospheric and sepia-toned and it's just such a good story. I was happy that Borders was still playing Christmas music as well. So, no more movies for Tess for a long long time!

I finished knitting the scarf on the car ride to and from the theater and when we got home, I made spicy turkey soup, but didn't use turkey. I cheated and used a rotisserie chicken instead and it was delicious! Our week is flying by and I'm starting to think about the new year and well, a new decade. More on that later... Enjoy the rest of 2009!

No comments: