Monday, February 8, 2010

February Daybook

Outside My window: I woke up this morning to snow. It's been snowing all day, but we've only gotten about two inches and that's snow I can handle. It's around 2 pm now and the sun is peaking out now.

I am listening to: the Kitchenaid mixer. Luke is baking oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies without my assistance. I'm sitting down for the first time today. I was knitting a sock and then I thought that I might update my blog. Tessie is still sleeping, but I expect that she'll be up soon from her nap, but for now, I hear the Kitchenaid.

I am wearing: I'm wearing a pair of jeans, red slippers, a pink long-sleeved t-shirt and a black fleece vest. It's comfy, but not pretty.

Favorite things: finishing books and projects. I hope to finish reading both The Day I became an Autodidact and Simplicity Parenting and my pair of socks that I started a week ago using sport weight yarn from Sunshine Yarns in the colorway Field of Flowers.

From the kitchen: Tonight, it's spicy turkey soup except that I'm using chicken (I know I've linked this recipe before) and well, Luke is baking cookies right now and even though I don't really love banana bread, I'm going to bake another loaf for Paul since he really likes taking it to work in the mornings.

I am creating: a menu for Lent and Luke's school schedule. He's been doing pretty well on his own, but I think he does even better when all of his tasks are written down for each day.

Home Comforts: We are trying to stay clutter-free as best as we can so that we can feel less overwhelmed by random stuff everywhere. We are getting there, but I feel we could do well with even more stuff removed from our home. I'm really trying to make good decisions about what I buy. Is there a place for it? Do I really want to store it? Do I really need it? The hard part is creating balance. I don't want an empty home. How does one create a cozy home with the right amount of things?

I am reading: The Happiness Project, Simplicity Parenting, The Day I became an Autodidact and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn....too much at a time. On the MP3 player: The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Plans for the rest of the week: Getting our taxes together and organized, shredding some papers that we no longer need to save and hopefully selling some stuff on Craig's List....Slowly shedding unnecessary stuff is part of my Winter plans.

Holiness in the every day: Gearing up for Lent and practicing contentment



Picture thought I am sharing :


1 comment:

Sarah said...

It's snowing here, too. In fact, my daughters' school called a "snow day" this morning. So, I also called a "pajama day" ~ Yay!! I just checked out "Simplicity Parenting" from the library, and although I've only read the intro., I think I'm going to like it. I struggle with finding the same balance: a comfy home without a lot of extra clutter. And Lent is going to sneak up on me, I'm afraid, if I don't start thinking about it now. I'd love to see your Lenten menu, if you are up to posting it.

Peace to you=)