Wednesday, April 13, 2011

6 months already! How can that be?

Today the twins are 6 months old and I can hardly believe it.  The time is going way TOO fast.  I'm often asked if I notice differences in their personalities.  The short answer is no.  They are super smiley babies.  Really, the only thing I notice is that Jamie is so much fatter than Liam.  Liam feels compact and light compared with James who feels solid.  I know that James is about a pound heavier and that makes all the difference.  I recently pulled out some 6 month clothing that Sammy and/or Luke wore and it's still too big.  Those 6 month onesies are still loose all over.  I keep trying little jeans on them, but they are all still too big.  I love their crazy almost-strawberry-blond hair and their dark blue eyes.  Twinklers! I have baby twinklers!  Liam and James adhere to a strict 6 O'clock bedtime.  Liam is a better sleeper in that he will go to sleep at 6 and usually wake up at 6 or 7 in the morning.  Isn't that awesome?  Jamie wakes up around midnight demanding to be nursed ( I guess I know why he's a pound heavier) and usually snuggles with us the rest of the night.  Sometimes, I wish Liam would wake up so that I could snuggle with him too, but one should never wake a sleeping baby, right? The boys are developing well and they are beginning to enjoy tummy time more, but they still haven't rolled over yet.  I was a bit concerned since my other three flipped over at the beginning of five months, but the twins will flip in their own sweet time.  I know that they will change so much by the time they reach their first birthdays. I do hope it won't fly by as quickly as the last 6 months, but I know it will.  I just hope I can capture all these beautiful fleeting moments with the twins. 

No comments: