Thursday, January 9, 2014

New Year's Goals


Do you make New Year's Resolutions? I always thought that I really didn't, but I always think of the new year as a blank slate, a new beginning. I get more hopeful. I start planning. I get excited. I get over-inspired. I think about new adventures. I dwell in possibility.  The new year always has me wanting all kinds of things. Then, I sort of collapse under all my inspiration. That's just the way it is for me.

 It turns out that I do set a lot of goals and I just don't happen to call them resolutions, but that's really what they are.

(I think that the first goal I set this year was my Goodreads challenge.) Goals sharpen our focus. They keep us on track.  I recently read over at Modern Mrs Darcy that you get what you  measure. Measuring your goals is like watching yourself grow. I expect to grow a lot this year and I expect to thrive.

No comments: