Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday Morning Book Post


 I love reading foodie books, but this one is unlike any other that I've read before. I'm not sure foodie is even the right word for this. This book is about extreme eating. I'm really only in the first section of this book, but it's not really for the squeamish. This book is about fringe eaters who embrace the revolting and disgusting (well, gross and disgusting by most people's standards). I consider myself an adventurous eater, but compared to these competitive eaters, I look like a person who eats only PB and J with the occasional grilled cheese to spice things up!

I think that this book will touch on many facets of this movement like food history, folklore, humor, and ethics. There's just enough gross to make this book fun.
I received 150 Scandinavian Motifs for Christmas. I really like knitting color work and since my husband is of Norwegian descent, I want to knit something this year with a Scandinavian motif for him. Last year, I knit him a Norwegian Star hat and that was a lot of fun. So, I'm not really reading this book as much as I am just enjoying just looking at it. These motifs are beautiful and simple. I have another Fair Isle motif book by this author. I really hope she publishes a celtic motif book in the future.

My kids are still reading the same books as last week. So, there's nothing really new to report there.

I've been adding books to my Goodreads to-read pile like crazy in the past few weeks. I just saw a list of 16 books that are hitting the screen this year. I perused the list and realized I'd already read a few, but I found a few more books that I just had to add to the to-read list. I might have to add the occasional Friday Morning Movie post.

Go ahead and check out the list!
http://www.buzzfeed.com/ariellecalderon/books-to-read-before-they-hit-theaters-this-year

No comments: