Saturday, September 6, 2008

How can he be 9 already?


Despite having a Star Wars theme for Luke's birthday party, he opted for the knights and dragons on his cake.

It's hard to find 9 places for candles with all those dragons in the way!

Here's my mom giving Luke a birthday hug.


Uncle Markie, Cecilia and Grand Dad having a good time at Luke's party.


The pinata view!


I told you there was a Star Wars theme! I think Luke needs to "trust his feelings" and use the force!


Cecilia goes a bit easy on Darth Vader.


Luke just looking cute!

Here's Luke opening his birthday presents.

Luke, Mateo, Sammy, Cecilia and Ella sort of pose for a picture.
Luke's cousins, Mike and Daniel had just left and unfortunately are not pictured.
I really don't understand how my oldest boy can be 9 already. How did that happen?? I feel sad that it's starting to be a blur. It's true that time goes so fast and if you blink you could miss it all. Half my time with him is already gone. I know, I know I sound like a glass-half-empty kind of person, but in this case it's true. This time last year, he still had his baby front teeth and now he's looking so much like a big boy. Happy birthday to my darling Luke!!! Don't grow up so fast.

On another note, I have bake my last birthday cake this summer!!!

2 comments:

Mary Machado said...

Great theme! Definitely gets the approval here. Happy birthday, Luke. Looking forward to seeing you this week.

Anonymous said...

Not to be a pessimist, but it just goes faster and faster. My oldest turned 13 in June and today my #4 is 9. Wow.