Sunday, January 3, 2010

Contentment on our last day of Christmas Vacation


It's quiet cozy evening. Paul goes back to work tomorrow and he has to go to bed early since he has to rise at 4:30. How he does it, I'll never know. We really enjoyed a week of getting to stay up late with each other. I would knit while he'd be looking something up on Craig's List or we would watch something. We got through Lost Season 5 and now we're half-way through the intriguing but short-lived Jericho. Anyway, I promised that I'd go to bed earlier too even though I am much more of a night owl. So, I better make this post quick!

We took down the Christmas tree and I lovingly packed away all of the decorations especially our collection of flower fairies ornaments. I am actually content. I'm ready to slowly easy back into Ordinary time. We listened to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra while taking down the tree. Luke particularly likes the dramatic rendition of Carol of the Bells and he put it on repeat and I admit it. I love it too so it didn't bother me to hear the same song six or seven times in a row.

We then watched one more seasonal movie, A Dog Named Christmas. It's one of those Hallmark movies that gets you crying from the very first minute. How do they do that? Hallmark Hall of Fame movies are famous for cheesy content, but I liked it anyway, but mostly because I like Bruce Greenwood. We then capped off the evening by reading O. Henry's The Gift of the Magi...fitting since we celebrated the Epiphany today. I love this edition that I just bought the other day. It has beautiful illustrations by P. J. Lynch and I'm happy to add it to our collection of holiday books.

I took lots of pictures today with my new camera, but the battery needs charging so I'll add highlights from our last vacation day tomorrow. Okay, I'm off to bed early after I finish weaving in the ends of the crocheted blanket that I blogged about last year. I admit this blanket doesn't look great, but I learned something in the whole process. I don't really care for crocheting. I mean, I'm glad I tried it and I'm sure I will be inspired to try it again, but for now, I'm glad to
completely finish this project. It's a new year and I really want to tie up the loose ends up
of last year (no pun intended). It will be donated to the Newborns in Need program at a hospital in Denver and I know that this blanket will keep some baby warm and that makes it worth it.
Oh, it snowed today and I didn't even mind!!!

Well, that's it for tonight. I wish you all contentment in the new year. It's my motto for the new year.

No comments: